Great Lakes Scottish Athletes Association
July 25, 2017, 10:47:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DIF 2014 info  (Read 879 times)
Brian Huntley
Administrator
Ancient Member

View Profile WWW
« on: July 28, 2014, 05:50:09 PM »

Everyone,

First I want to address the perceived lack of communication. I am dealing with the City of Dublin and many times I have to wait for a response from them. If I have not communicated anything it is because I have nothing to communicate. I have always been a person of my word and have always delivered what I said I would do, I am not about to change that.  Those of you that know me know this, those that don't will know after this competition.

Here is a rundown as of today. If anything changes I will let you know asap.

From the top...

Classes:

A's
B's
Masters
Women
Women Masters

Events contested:

Open stone
LWFD
HWFD
Sheaf
Wob
Caber
Heavy Hammer

Registration will begin at 2PM

We are in charge of a children's highland games "demo" as well. It is running from 11am to 3pm, I would greatly appreciate any of the athletes who could come out any time between those hours and help out. We had over 200 kids that came out last year and we had to turn them away when it closed. They come out to try what all of you do, I think it would mean a lot if some of the athletes came out to help with them and have a picture taken etc.

The hotel that the athletes who have rooms in is:

Dublin Crowne Plaza
600 Metro Pl N, Dublin, OH 43017
(614) 764-2200

As of this evening I still do not have confirmation numbers. You are more than welcome to call the hotel and confirm you have a room if it makes you feel better. If you have any problems please email me and I will get it taken care of. You more than likely will be rooming with at least one other athlete.

I am enclosing a map from the hotel to the field as well as a map of the field and drop off point.
You will be able to drive onto the green space behind where we are competing and drop off your family and equipment. You will then need to park your vehicle in the lot behind the Celtic Rock stage. I am supposed to be receiving passes for parking (Which I STILL do not have) as well as a pass for the person parking the car to get into the festival gate.

If there are any other questions please feel free to contact me. Otherwise SEE YOU SOON!! Smiley

We are still looking for help on the field so please let us know if someone you are bringing can help us out.

--
Brian Huntley
President, GLSAA
Highland Games Chairman, Classic Productions
www.glsaa.com www.arnoldsportsfestival.com/

"If at first you don't succeed throw again... and again .... and again."
Brian Huntley
Administrator
Ancient Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2014, 05:53:50 PM »

maps